From Trash to "Peace"ful Treasure

This trash can was on its last leg...and wasn't all that sturdy to begin with.  I was going to throw it away, just to get some of the clutter out of my garage...thank heavens my bff talked some sense into me and told me to find a way to reuse it.  I happened to find two (see the post below)!  Go me! 
This project was for my little girls' room.  I used two sides of the trash can...
 Patched up those holes and then painted with two coats of green.  Then I used a large dinner plate and one of my kids' plates to draw the outer and inner circle of the Peace sign.  I painted them and added the "a" and the "e" free hand, along with the dots.  A little distressing and a coat of polyurethane later, and we've got initials for above their beds!  Totally and completely FREE!
FYI...we still need to get the bed frame on the bed on the left, which is why it's lower.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an excellent idea!! I cannot wait until I have a home of my own to make fun things! I am so limited right now!! Thank you so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings! www.ladybug-blessings.com

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Great repurpose! Those go really well with that room:)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS